Thursday, October 10, 2013

The World's Largest Ship - the Triple E

The Triple E, which is the first in the brand new Maersk fleet of ships that are the largest in the world, parked at the harbor here a couple weeks ago and it was quite an event in Copenhagen. Maersk is a huge part of the economy here so thousands took off work or took the kids out of school to go see the ship.

This ship can hold up to 18,000 20 ft containers. It was massive and very impressive. The tour took you up 16 stories up in the air - I was a little nervous up at the top and very glad Wyatt wasn't with me! The railings are clearly made for workers and not tourists!

 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Just catching up on the blog. Looks like go-go-go!!! I had no idea how busy you would be just living! :) Hope everyone is doing well. I see Ron is still obsessed with his "guns". Ha! XO, Shasta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beyond awesome! After Ron took the job, I did some web surfing and read up on the big ships. Since I go to Shenzhen and Seoul often, I like to check out the shipyards. The ferry Shekou passes the big Shenzhen ports. There are always Maersk ships at port, I pass right by them! These are some MASSIVE machines! I'm jealous you got to go on-board!

    ReplyDelete