Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Biking

Well, we don't have a car yet...and, as I mentioned, when we get one soon I still need to learn to drive it...so I'm getting creative with how we get back and forth to school which is just under 2 miles away.

Here is one way...do we look Danish??

Although it's mostly flat here, there is a slight incline on the way to school and I really overdressed the first time I took Raegan to school this way. I was drenched when I got to school. And it was so much more work than I thought it would be. Danes flew by me in the bike lane. Raegan is dead weight in the back telling me that she can't reach the pedals (really??) or that she is pedaling when I can see in her shadow she is not. She was so excited to bike too so I'll just have to keep working on her. Wyatt is enjoying the ride and is being a good passenger. Here we at school after we walked Raegan to class.

We've also taken the double jogger which is definitely my excercise for the day. And we have the bus as an option. The only thing about the bus out here is that it only leaves every 30 min so it takes just as much time to do that as the other options. I usually do the bus to pick Raegan up in the afternoon though - it gives us time to play on the playground (and I get to meet other moms) while we wait for the bus.

Here we are exploring the park on the next street over.

And we found this park below when biking home from school. Wyatt was in quite a mood and was eating sand to spite me I think...he did seem to like the taste of it though...strange kid!




1 comment:

  1. Love the bike! That must be hard work. It sounds like you are going to be in the best shape ever... I wish I was forced to excerise every day. :) I bet you are happy to get your car though.

    ReplyDelete