Saturday, March 9, 2013

Mornings

I am enjoying the more relaxed pace in the mornings here - I'm able to get out for a jog while Ron stays home getting ready for work and making the kids breakfast. Much improved to him starting on calls at 7am in his previous career!

I like to jog around these duck ponds and have been watching the ice slowly melt.




We were hearing last week with all the sun that Spring is here! I was quite excited about this until I realized that my definition of spring is much different than here. To me, I think of sunny weather, bluebonnets and highs in the 60s and 70s. Here, it simply means that the sun is coming out and it's warm enough for the remaining snow and ice to melt. I'm still working on adjusting to this. :-) We did luck out with a nice "warm" day in the 40s last week but we are back to high temps hovering around or below freezing and wind chills in the low 20s. At least the sun is sitll out - today anyways - forecasting snow for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment